The Community Pharmacy will provide, on request and where clinically appropriate, Levonelle to women under 24 years of age.
Pharmacies are required to provide clients with information relating to contraception, pregnancy testing sites and local sexual health services and pathways.
The Service Specification for the provision of a Community Pharmacy Based EHC Service includes provision of:
- Free EHC to young women in Leicester in line with requirements of the locally agreed PGD
- Sexual health support and advice to clients accessing the service including onward signposting to other sexual health services
- Increased knowledge, especially among young people, of the availability of contraception services from pharmacies
- Increased knowledge of the risks associated with STIs
- Strengthening the local network of contraceptive and sexual health services to help ensure easy and swift access to advice
- Levonelle to women under 25 years of age when requested and clinically appropriate
- 6 condoms and specified information to women who receive the EHC service
- The contractor must satisfy the Local Authority that pharmacists providing this service have attended the organised training events
- The Community Pharmacy must satisfy the Local Authority that Pharmacists are appropriately trained to provide the community based service.
- Individual pharmacists offering this community based service for and on behalf of a pharmacy contractor, must be fully trained with an accreditation recognised by the Local Authority.
- Individual accredited pharmacists must -every 3 years- attend a refresh session organised by the Local Authority and keep up to date with changes in clinical practice including:
- medications and regulations that may impact upon this service
- ensuring they are able to provide the most up to date and effective service
- The Community Pharmacist delivering the service must have completed appropriate training to enable them to provide medication using a PGD
- Up to date certificates of competency must be maintained and copies may be requested by the Local Authority.
- The pharmacy must have an accredited confidential and private consultation area (as per MUR requirements)
- The contractor will ensure appropriate training for staff which may include attendance at training events organised by the Local Authority
- Community Pharmacy providers MUST inform the Local Authority immediately if the accredited Pharmacist ceases to work at the Pharmacy
C CARD Scheme – signposting patients – LLR sexual health services
C Card Scheme – order forms and info for HCP’s – LLR sexual health services
Sexual Health Signposting and other Resources (PSNC)
List of Pharmacies providing the service
Sexual Health Promotion and C Card Scheme (LLR)
Service Contact: Jo Fores, Senior Lead Prevention and Promotion Programme Leicester Sexual Health, Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent Partnership NHS Trust Tel: 0116 295 7030/0116 295 7822
service switchboard – 0300 124 0102
St Peters Health Centre, Sparkenhoe Street, Leicester LE2 0TA
Information for Patients
- http://www.leicestersexualhealth.nhs.uk/under-24/ ( includes sexual health info for men women, how to make an appointment, chlamydia test order, EHC and what do you if you are pregnant
Claiming payment – Leicester City
Monthly claims using the correct form must be received by Leicester City Council by the 10th of each month. Forms submitted more than TWO months in arrears will NOT be processed
Return your forms to: Contract and Assurance Officer(Public Health), Leicester City Council, 1st Floor, Bosworth House, 9-15 Princess Road West, Leicester, LE1 6TH
Service Contact: Liz Rodrigo, Public Health Principal Tel: 0116 454 2029 – email: Liz.Rodrigo@Leicester.gov.uk
Claiming Payment – Leicestershire County Council
Claims must be made using the CBS claim system .
Service Contact: Shaun Tweed, Finance and admin support officer Tel : 0116 3037705 email: email@example.com
Public Health G58 Leicestershire County Council, County Hall , Glenfield LE3 8TV Tel : 0116 3037705 email: firstname.lastname@example.org