Lifestyle /exercise referral hub
The Authorities in Rutland have set up this scheme with the aim of reducing costs on the NHS due to sedentary behaviours.It is intended to encourage none-active people to overcome barriers and engage in exercise by offering discounted support and exercise sessions.
- Active Rehab – to rehabilitate or to stay gently mobile and active in a fun, non-threatening & supportive environment led by a physio or level 4 exercise referral instructor. – inspire2tri
- Circuits – circuits class in a gym led by a GP referral instructor more for the more able clients as a stepping stone into the gym. – Catmose sports centre
- FaME (Beg) – A progressive seated or standing exercise class tailored to individual needs and preferences, with an opportunity to socialise afterwards. Active Rutland hub and inspire2tri
- FaME (Adv.) – A progressive circuits exercise class tailored to individual needs and preferences, with an opportunity to socialise afterwards can only attend after completing beginner FaME. Active Rutland hub and inspire2tri
- Gym Fit clinic – a session where there is always someone who can help if you aren’t feeling that confident to come and join this session – Catmose sports centre
- Health and Wellbeing (Gym) – a non-threatening and supportive environment where the gym is only open to people who are on the exercise referral scheme – Uppingham sports centre
- Health and Wellbeing (Swim) – a non-threatening and supportive environment where the pool is only open to people who are on the exercise referral scheme plus 50+ – Catmose Sports Centre
- Heart Smart – A class designed to help recover after heart surgery in a safe environment around people who have had a similar condition. – Catmose Sports Centre and inspire2tri this a very quiet session which anyone who has a heart condition or has high blood pressure and is suitable to do exercise can attend. Led by a level 4 cardiac rehab instructor
- Physio led Pilates – Designed to help lower back pain and improve posture Pilates.
- Walking football – slower paced football.
- Catmose Sports Centre, Oakham
- Uppingham sports centre in Uppingham
- Active Rutland hub, Ashwell
- Inspire2tri in Manton.
- Referral sent to course organiser.
- Course organiser sends a letter to the person referred with scheme details and a contact number.
- First appointment is a sit down course organiser to discuss available help including: Boditrax machine which measures body fat, muscle mass, water percentage, BMI, metabolic age and viscose fat.
- Induction into the centre and meetings with instructor every 6 weeks to measure progress via Boditrax and programme updates.