If you have had sex without using contraception (unprotected sex), or think that your contraception might have failed, perhaps because a condom has split or you have forgotten to take your pill, taking emergency hormonal contraception (EHC) will usually prevent a pregnancy.
What is EHC?
EHC is sometimes known as the ‘morning after pill’, but this is misleading because it can be used up to several days after sex. Emergency pill – you must take the pill within 3 days (72 hours) of unprotected sex, but it is more effective the sooner you take it. The Pharmacists at LIPCO Pharmacies are trained and offer this to women under 25 years of age across the following LIPCO locations;
1. Moins Chemist Market Harborough
2. Parkem Chemist
3. Numark Pharmacy Shepshed
4. Wigston Pharmacy
5. Mistry’s Pharmacy Market Harborough
6. Little Hill Pharmacy Wigston
7. HMS Pharmacy Loughborough
8. Jhoots Pharmacy South Wigston
9. Hollycroft Chemists Hinckley
10. Severn Pharmacy Oadby
11. Sayfees Chemist Thurmaston
12. Knights Dispensing Chemist, Leicester
13. Mr. Pickford’s Pharmacy, Norwich Road, Leicester
14. Healthcare Pharmacy, Leicester
This is a free, totally confidential service. The Pharmacist will sit down with you in our private consultation area and ask you a series of questions to ensure that it is safe and appropriate for you. If this is the case you will be able to take the EHC there and then.
To learn more about how to access emergency hormonal contraception, find your local LIPCO pharmacy here.